Phoenix Expungement Attorney
Expungement Lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona
Expungement is the removal of court and police records from public inspection.
Arizona’s equivalent to Expungement is referred to as “setting
setting aside judgment law was designed to help people previously convicted of crimes become more
productive and put their pasts behind them. Once your judgment is set
aside, you might be able to answer on an application for employment without
having to admit that you have been convicted of a crime. If you have been
convicted of a felony in Phoenix you could also have your civil rights
restored under Arizona law. You can also apply to have your gun rights
restored in most felony cases in state and federal court.
Phoenix, Arizona Expungement Eligibility
As a Phoenix
criminal defense lawyer, Joshua S. Davidson is familiar with the eligibility requirements
for Expungement. Eligibility for setting aside judgment (Expungement)
in Arizona requires that you have fulfilled the conditions of your probation
or sentence and that you have been discharged by court. If you have been
convicted of two or more felonies and sentenced to prison, you must wait
two full years before applying for setting aside judgment (Expungement).
If you were convicted of any of the following offenses, you are
ineligible for set aside judgment (Expungement) under Arizona law:
- A crime involving the infliction of serious physical injury.
- A crime involving the use of exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous
- A crime where you are required to register as a sex offender.
- A crime where there was a finding of sexual motivation.
- A crime where the victim was a minor under fifteen years of age.
- A violation of driving on a suspended or canceled license.
- A violation of any local ordinance relating to stopping, standing, or operation
of a vehicle.
The Phoenix Law Offices of Joshua S. Davidson can help you get a felony
or misdemeanor off your record. A small investment in Expungement today
could mean an increased earning capacity for years to come. Having an
experienced Phoenix attorney to handle your case will help ensure that
your case is put through the process accurately and efficiently.